Wednesday, May 8, 2013

try a different approach


There is that phrase the glass is half full or its half empty that we've all heard. A problem to one person might be a solution to someone else. It all depends on how we look at it. You could stare for hours at one of those magic eye pictures and claim to see a sailboat and then someone right next to you bets his life that its a trapezoid with the planet Saturn in it. Who knows? My story deals mainly with that concept. Once my friend's dad dropped me off at work and we were riding in a Jeep. The windows were those plastic ones with the zipper that would unzip so you could "roll down" your window. We get to my work and I tried to open the door but was having a hard time. The dad was like; "You can't open it from inside, it can only be opened from the outside." So naturally without reservation I immediately made sense of it all and unzipped the window then was attempting to crawl out of the window like a NASCAR driver would. While halfway out he shouts in disbelief; "JUST REACH OVER AND OPEN THE DOOR!" I look back at him while my upper half was outside and my legs still inside. I gave him a blank stare then thought about it. I finished getting out the way I did and then opened the door even though I was already outside. I closed the door while he had a frozen look of disgust. "Thanks...for the ride." He drives off. I guess what was funny about all this was that the dad thought what I did was so ridiculous that he called his wife in the middle of the day just to tell her about it. That's my story about why I love Jeeps. . . not really though, I mean about how the story was never about the Jeep persay...nevermind. I'll just stop right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment