Thursday, May 2, 2013

my spanish inquisition



"CONFESS! CONFESS!" I do not enjoy the phrase; "The principal needs to see you," I was summoned in a large room with other kids my age. We were waiting, but for what? We waited and waited with anxiety thinking we were in some serious trouble. One of the security guys comes in and was like; "What is everybody doing here?" We could barely muster up any words to explain. He then brought up an issue. "We need to know who has defaced school property". I knew inside that I wrote my name under my desk and even did a doodle as a sort of tradition but never thought it would get me this far on the menace-to-society scale. No one said a word. "Anyone?" The cricket even held his peace. "OK, I see how it is. No one wants to talk. We will just have to inspect the classrooms and the desks all ourselves. If we find something and learn its from you, suspension indefinitely," Still no one said anything. I was like that kid on the old Corn Pops commercials how you overplay things in your head and panic about getting in trouble and then seeing it escalate to being a runaway and then state prison. He dismissed all of us with that but knew that if we were found guilty of our expressed artwork, it would be over. I then out of desperation raised my hand to admit my crime. He looks amused then asks if anyone else has something they want to share. About the rest of the room raised their hands. It was over the relief swooped in for I could taste the freedom of my pardon and continue to be a citizen of that junior high. "I gotta have my pops,"

No comments:

Post a Comment