Monday, May 20, 2013

don't think too hard

Sometimes when we forget something we tend to think critically at recalling the lost piece of information. What usually happens is it slips into the abyss of forgetfulness. What I have tried to do in the past that sort of helps is to let it go and use my "peripheral thinking" to get it back. Like I said it sort of helps. Its never a good thing to continue about your day with that awful feeling of "I know I'm forgetting something". That's when I have to just stop and think. Even then I am flying blind with trying to piece together a puzzle that I don't know what its supposed to look like. It can get really indirect fast. I hate also when you have a meaningful conversation with someone and you have a nice thought to share but when it is your time to speak you forget it and then end up improvising something completely different. Oh the frailties of a mortal mind can be taxing and burdensome. Now sticking to post its is a good alternative to a half working brain. The night before I plan the next day through notes on bright colored pieces of paper lying around for me to find like 50 first dates. I just don't trust myself even at my age.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment