Wednesday, May 29, 2013

for you my darling. . .


Flowers. I have been acquainted many times with the ceremonial passing of the flower to the "one and only" girl. In the Perez history books you can trace everywhere I have lived based on the types of flowers I have given to the typical girl next door. Most importantly though, I would like to reflect on my wife. The first flower I gave her was a dandelion (yes agreed, this makes me look very cheap, but hear me out). We were dating at the time and I was in a car with some peeps (not the Easter candy that you put in the microwave and watch it fatten as it melts) my homies. Anyways we were driving along and someone basically called me out about dating her. He said something like; "Dude, you know she is seeing an old friend tonight right?" I calmly replied; "Yeah, I know we are technically just getting to know each other so its cool if she sees other guys." What a moron I was, and still am at times. He then dug deep on the situation by proposing this question; "What if he sees things differently, like asking her out?" To my dismay the thought of her being with someone else seemed to play in my head with the fast forward button pressed down. Images of her dating, marrying, and having a future with this guy while I missing my chance made me snap; "STOP THE CAR!!!!" "Whats your problem?" I bolt out like the flash. Sure the car was still maybe two miles from her apartment, but I didn't care. A little cardio would add to the dramatization of expressing my true feelings for her. What the crap was I thinking? Of course I want to spend the rest of my life with this gal. In a hurry, I stopped and thought up what I was going to say to her. I needed some flowers but everywhere was closed - CURSES! Instead I picked some dandelions and knocked on her door. As she opened, I mustered up the courage to officially ask her to be my girlfriend. PHEW, that was close.

No comments:

Post a Comment