Friday, May 3, 2013

peeling off a bandaid



It is really hard at first to try stay head above water. Maybe not with just finances but everything. We are in a world where things rust, corrode, and accumulate unpleasantness (like interest). Take the chores for example, you walk by the trash almost everyday. You see the grass, the dog bowl, the kitchen sink. You know when you are being honest with yourself. You start to feel that nagging in the back of your conscience. But you tell yourself; "Oh it will be alright, I will take care of it tomorrow, I promise." Pretty soon, tomorrow becomes this weekend which then turns into next week, and before you know it you are freakin' swamped. There is no way out but to "face the blood" and just deal with it. I can see why people may incorporate alcohol when it comes to opening their credit card statements (for me its clam juice with pepper,some vinegar, dallop of mayo,root beer and a hint of tabasco). There's only one way from not going down and thats going up! When I have mental to-do-lists, it overpowers me with dreaded anxiety and it takes over my emotions and the will to move forward. There is a solution that I have found though, knowledge is inspiring, just by listing the things to be done is 99.99999998% of the battle. Think of it like a band aid, it has to come off sooner or later, so just bite your lip and go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment