Saturday, May 11, 2013

its shocking I know



Lightning is really neat. I have had my fair shares with it all throughout my growing up years minus getting struck (while knocking on wood). If you think about it, it's unharnesses energy ejected from condensed clouds striking to reach the positive charges with the least resistance from the heavens. What an awesome force! What power! Once at scout camp it was maybe in the middle of the night and there was a loud crashing tumble. Everyone was awake. I at first thought someone was firing the black powder muskets at the range. It rumbled the entire forest. Another time my friend and I were bouldering up some magnetic granite mountain when dark clouds were gathering above us. WE RAN OUR BUTTS, I thought we would've been fried for sure. Right outside my window during my job training in the army a bright flash lit the whole room and the coolest thing about it was that you could hear the echo of the thunder pounding further away. That was the first time I heard something so natural that close. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment