Thursday, May 23, 2013

its good for you


The only thing constant is change. I hear this phrase nearly every day in the construction industry. The design gets approved and we are johnny-on-the-spot with building after passing through countless hours of meetings planning and coordinating everything over and over again. Once the stamp hits the paper and we are green to go, they find errors and call it off. The contractors call an audible and its back to the drawing board. Change. I have come to know it quite a few times already in my 28 years of existence. I used to and still somewhat am afraid of change. Its really good for us though. Without it, we would be with mushed brains rotting away (metaphorically speaking). Change is apparent with the physical world. Think about how the seasons bring in the rain to cleanse out the foliage and compost. The wind cycles the air keeping it fresh. Anything stagnate can never produce good results. We are always evolving, improving, creating and producing. I could see how I was afraid of change. It felt like a threat to my comfort. The comfort was just familiarity. If I stayed where I was at, true I might be somewhat happy in a perpetual state not knowing the better, I did and am glad that I have always moved on. Granted it can very hard. I used to live with my best friend and his family. After two years serving a mission and returning back to them, I decided to live on my own completely. I was still in the same town and found a single bedroom apartment in downtown through my work. The first night I was there I was freaking out. I was along and scared. That was progression at its finest. The aftermath was that I could be the ruler of my destiny with no hesitation and continue to take the next step. It usually is better to go through those hard moments than to feel at ease for too long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment