Thursday, May 30, 2013

i'm losing it


Recently there has been a series of events where I have misplaced something or forgot to pick up an order. I can't really explain why, seeing that I am barely thirty years old and already the Alzheimer's is kicking in. Tis ridiculous. Let me give you a couple of examples of what I mean. Short story number one, the vacuum cleaner. We were all packed up in New York ready for the long haul back to Arizona. We had a little uhaul trailer and I thought we had closed the hatch. I was wrong. We drove about 10 miles down a country road while the hatch was wide open and nothing fell out that WHOLE TIME. Not until we pulled into another small town and yes the entire vacuum cleaner came out and crashed instantly becoming a pile of plastic mess. HOW COULD I FORGET? Short story number two: Missy needed a new charger for the battery of her camera. I decided to bring the battery with me to the store to show them the type it was. They found me the right one and I left the store. Getting home she asked me where the battery was. I searched my pockets and nothing. All around the house...nothing. I even drove around the area to double check that maybe it fell out of my coat while on my bike...nothing. It just disappeared in thin air I guess. Short story number three: I go to walmart and buy some toilet paper - TOILET PAPER and yes you guessed it, I misplaced it somewhere. That one was redeemable seeing that I forget it was in the back of the car. Like Marvin Gaye once sang; "What's going on?"

1 comment: