Tuesday, May 28, 2013

home sweet home


I brand myself a Mexican, even though while yes it is true that I didn't earn that title until AFTER I learned Spanish. I still am proud of my heritage. Most importantly I was born in this great country that I have to come to know as I have been to nearly every major city through living along the west coast of California to Washington. I have ventured to God's country in Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Eight cross country trips on bike and car from Idaho to Florida, Pennsylvania, and Kentucky. I witnessed the vast plains and rolling hills in Texas from Beaumont to El Paso. The weeping willows and swamp lands from Alabama to Louisiana. Throughout my travels I have noticed much change. We have witnessed movements, disasters, heartaches, and so much more.  I have been blessed to have been brought to earth when our nation was established with laws and regulations. Where the we have the right to appeal, and a say for who is in office. I feel like as its a large kids club where we vote on issues and try to come to an agreement. We have democracy instead of dictatorship. We have rights instead of heavy lade burdens. We are proud and tough. Sure we get scared but together when our rights are threatened or our neighbors are in trouble we lose ourselves and roll up our sleeves picking up a shovel or driving a convoy with disaster relief supplies. Despite various trials and issues we face, we are united in our cause for freedom. I still believe in our nation, I value her for everything that She stands for. I am ready and willing to defend her and the constitution for which it stands. I know that by the hand of the Lord, He has blessed our nation to have prospered and to become free. This is my home sweet home.


No comments:

Post a Comment