Tuesday, May 21, 2013

aww, the power of . . .

 
Cheese. Fromage. Queso. This is it's own food group in our home. The most coveted possession to be consumed by our offspring. It does not matter AT ALL if you were to cook up the most elaborate feast with produce imported in from the rarest countries along with the fixin's and sauces all in its purity. The heavenly scent and unforgettable aromas would bring in neighbors who never knew you by name and all of a sudden you're their amigo, friends from as far back as three different zip codes would swing by as well, even the Food Network would even sneak a peak at what would be cooking and yet our children would just mutter those three oh-so-familiar words; "I WANT CHEESE." I try to convince them that sometimes we are out of cheese and they feel it is a trick. They look at me in such sweet innocence (with the puppy dog eyes) and continue the plea; "I WANT CHEESE." I can't blame them though. Quite frankly, cheese is da bomb. I used to grab a brick of Colby accompanied by a butter knife and would go to town. Like Uncle Buck once said; "Sometimes I feel like a big mouse." Heck even this blog name was inspired by cheese. Only if you were to translate it, it would say Sea-Cheese, that sounds distasteful, but I digress.

No comments:

Post a Comment