Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 7: Bill Evans - Peace Piece

I think the best part after a run is the moment where I jog to this sidewalk in between the housing developments with grassy hills on each side. Almost like a small valley, there are no lights at all there. Large power-line towers shadow over the sidewalk through the neighborhood, they are maybe 50 feet high. Its nice when the moon is out, the whole area is lit up like there is a light coat of silver snow, in the moon's absence, the stars paint a picture of the majestic Milky Way and there are millions. Anyways it is my favorite part of the jog, I lie on my back and let my body sink into the ground while feeling it rise and fall with every breath. I can hear my heartbeat while closing my eyes. I am free in a natural state of bliss. The sweat rolls down my face, exhausted I am, but what a treat to just soak up in the void of the haste. Reflecting on what matters all in this privileged absence of time (unless you have to be back somewhere at a certain time). This I relish in. Meditating on my week, my family, work, projects. I just lay there like a starfish at the bottom of the coral reef watching the ripples dance before me and hear the current moving in and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment