Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day 6: Cursive - Staying Alive

I couldn't say no to doing this, but rest assure..that there is no real guarantee for anything planned. OK, I first heard this song while I was in the back of a friends car riding to another town during the 4th of July. The sun had already set hours ago and the fireworks were going off. This song's duration lasted the length of the trip. My eyes were focused on the overhead bursts of many bright colors of light blasting in intensity while others were dying, the whole process repeated itself over the open water. The song was cranked in the car making it feel like a soundtrack. We were in a state of awe. Giving reverence to something that was not planned and rarely occurred to us. It was such a peaceful feeling. I was amazed so dearly at how coincidental this lasted the drive along the Puget Sound. There was no accomplishment, we didn't cure a disease - we did nothing to feel this small sensation of success (like we won the Super Bowl), it was just this track that in the moment was quietly observed. I thrive on these moments. This very feeling generated from such music and beauty (to me) is what unites the brush to the canvas and together create something entirely beyond ourselves. This is what gets me up every morning and to fight for another day, there is always a story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment