Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Day 2: Justice - D.A.N.C.E.

By far the greatest dance song. My friend showed me this while on the highway to work. My world was "electrified" and I could not keep up with the melody and those FAT BEATS blazing in my head. Its almost spiritual with how great it sounds. It opened a world to other similar types of music. Usually after a long day of work I am faced with some mediocre task waiting for my attention (whats left over by the end of the day anyway). I plug in my wife's i-phone (yes, I know that I am too cheap to get my own) and play this song first and start to jive and electric slide while taking care of the house. My kids recognize this song and on the queue of the opening will run to me with their hands in the air knowing that it is "dance time" as they so like to put it. I usually teach my daughter how to do some kind of robot move, I'm still not sure exactly what to call it, but she likes it. My son just likes to be carried and spun around really fast, which proves just how much older I am getting seeing that I get dizzy quickly. I have so much to be thankful for with this song. I am grateful for the grandfather video game systems (no disrespect to the Commodor 64, Ataris, Nintendo) for producing such sounds in the first place to someday inspire this type of music, Michael Jackson for his lyrics to be used in this song, and electricity because without it the instruments used in the song would not work. Thank you to those three elements!

  

1 comment: