Wednesday, June 26, 2013

a champion at age 3


This kid cracks me up. He is so little and yet talks like an angry New Yorker when he gets worked up. Such a hot head. He came to us by surprise (the cutest whoops by far) and the moment he was born, the nurses took him to a sort of operating table at the side of the room and was met by three others running a defibrillator to him. As I attended to my wife I looked over and asked while sensing the thick cloud of uneasiness "Is everything alright?" With the four of them huddled over my son, a head pops giving a jolly reply like a mechanic would say coming out from under your car; "Uh-huh, we'll have him ready in no time!" Then you here the words; "Ready...clear, one two three, clear..." (yeah, you're not fooling anyone doc). He pulled through and we took him home with this space blanket that glows alien green (Jaundice). I kiss my wife good night and then hit the lights and then our "plutonium baby" lights up the room keeping the monsters under the bed at bay. Now he has grown a bit and some of the things that come out of this kid's mouth make me pull a double take. Seriously last night, I was called out by eating most of the cookies (my wife tends to play detective) and my son caught wind of it. I go into the kitchen and from behind I hear this taunt; "Yooo don' get no mo cookies, hhuuuuuuh daddy?" while shaking his head walking like a drunk man. Like your typical New Yorker he loves to use hand gestures to further his point. He also leans his head from side to side to further this drunken attitude. Where did this kid come from (don't answer that!)?

No comments:

Post a Comment