Friday, June 7, 2013

Day 4: The Jets - You Got it All

I heard this song for the first time while in a waiting room to see the doctor when I was 5 or 6. It has a soothing sound to it. The only other times I heard this was on long vacation car trips playing really late at night or when I was in college studying late with the variety station playing it. In fact, this seems like one of those songs that comes on after a huge party is over and people are cleaning up. It has a quiet feel to it. True, it is a love song, but I grew up listening to it as a little kid and didn't see it like that. I recognized it as that easy sounding melody with the woman's soft voice. I imagine being the guy she is singing to. He must be an amazing person. He is being compared to another guy trying to go after her as well. However, she sees something in the right guy. She sees strength and zeal. Someone who is not arrogant or cocky, but is a good person. He was "heaven sent". I try to be like that everyday for my wife. Some days are somewhat close other days I'm not even in the same ball park. It's a nice song, almost sad but not in the sense of depressing, it just seems almost like a farewell to how that song will never be heard of the same way it was when it first came out. Like uncovering a lost artifact. I don't mean to say that the song is old, songs are timeless. Fashions, hairstyles have changed and might make a comeback but for now the song kind of gives you a "moving on" feel like it is locked in its era and can never be in our present day. You almost have to get into a time machine to listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment