Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The State of Arizona vs. Marquez Perez




Feeling guilty of something is a never healthy, but then again being guilty of something isn't any better. Getting repremanded can feel like a welt on the arm after someone slugs you. It burns at first but then you start to forget it was even there. I can be very self-conscious and would walk 500 miles out of my way just to fix beef with someone. Growing up was filled with the all too familiar "chastisement" credited toward my absolute off the wall, unharnessed raw energy (1.21 jiggawatts!!). I remember in 1st grade, I chased some kids on the playground without a shirt on. We we're playing a game called monster (it was pretty much tag) and I was "it". The playground patrol were all too familiar with my shenanigans and set up the usual tactical perimeter. They had the swingsets blocked off with barricades directing traffic while the parent volunteers kept a lookout from the roof like full fledged snipers. The monkey bars were closed, the slide with the "hot lava" at the bottom was closed as well. Kids were to stay frozen in position until the perpetrator was located and identified. I would hide near the tether ball courts until some kid ratted my position through screaming; "He's over here, there he is, get'em!" There might've been a helicopter flying overhead. Their walkie-talkies (yes, walkie-talkies this was the early 90's) would blar and buzz all throughout. They had their own codes and signals. Some of the mom's were wives of military men and already knew the battle drills. There was even a negotiator on site; "Listen, we just want you to put your shirt back on and come quietly." This was a big deal and I was on the run from the PTA. Eventually, I was caught and cuffed and sent to time out for a long hard sentence of 5 minutes. You just can't beat the system. Those were the facts and that was life. It wasn't so bad, sometimes I would get visitors while sitting on the edge of the sand box. They would come by to see how I was doing and then the patrol would say; "Times up! Keep moving!" They would then leave. My teacher would then be informed of my behavior who would ultimately have to bring it up to my parents. Up to this point it was like the supreme courts. I tried to appeal the charges but I would be pinned with the evidence and in consequence of my actions would recieve community service in the house through extra chores. It's a doggy dog world yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment