Wednesday, April 17, 2013

hello? . .is someone there?


Have you ever heard the microwave beep and realized you had nothing in there? Or heard some pots clanking even though you were the only one in the kitchen? Or has there ever been excessive static coming through a station and you tried to adjust the dial but heard the static was saying a name? Like the Truman Show. How about that feeling of being watched. The one that gets me is you are walking alone at night and you keep psyching yourself out by thinking there is an extra set of footsteps behind you. Or staring into a dark enclosure thinking you are seeing something there. Your mind tends to make up the rest but you are unsure if its imagined images or nothing at all.



The very mediocre tasks in the twilight hours can seem to be a heart pounding edge-of-your-seat thriller. Getting your groceries from the car at night can prove to be a challenge if you are very sensitive to your imagination. You walk from the bedroom to the kitchen turning every light on in the house as you go. Some even tend to bring their cat with them just so they are not alone. Its moments like these where we start to kick ourselves questioning why we saw that one movie with the big dude and the chainsaw or the teenagers being taken over by some unseen evil force in a cabin. Why? It's too late now. Once I was in a basement moving materials from one room to the next. It was quiet and a little uneasy. I knew that the moment I looked over my shoulders, I would be doing that every 2 minutes. I then tried to think of something to set my mind at ease from my paranoia.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment