Saturday, April 13, 2013

I freakin' heart these fools!



This definitely maps out most of my childhood moments. The NES first of all was probably one of the greatest inventions known to our planet. I can picture thousands of kids running to the Nintendo plant with thank you banners and such. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is by far the heartthrob of my youth. From sleepovers to the endless Saturday mornings. The source of bruised thumbs and many cursings for always dying at the dam scene trying to disable the underwater bombs to the shredder boss scene when he clones himself and you have to fight the real one out of the two. Moreover it was like a gateway drug leading to their action figures, their cartoon series, THE MOVIES. Seeing the gameplay brought me back to when kids and I at the playground would re-enact the fighting scenes at recess then ultimately be sentenced to time out for getting carried away. I had it all and it was glorious! The manufacturers and marketers for the franchise did a darn good job reeling me in as a youth consumer (even though it was my parents that bought it). I wanted to be a ninja turtle so bad growing up but learned real quick that the job was taken. I was so upset. Personally, I would have to say that out of the three for the NES, the first one was the hardest one. Most gamers would agree. There were no saves, the enemies would regenerate every time you came back and it was just straight up hard. When you're outside on the streets its map view. The second one was made into an arcade style format along with the third one. Great stuff. It's heritage to me.






No comments:

Post a Comment