Monday, April 22, 2013

aw hail-naw, no he didn't!



This is an account to show just how crunk the "ish" can get through putting things off at the last minute. A friend of mine through junior high lent me a CD. He was like; "Go ahead, I don't care," So off I went and enjoyed listening to the street-vibe-urban-rhythm-and-blues jam of this one female singer. Man! She was great! Maybe a week goes by and he comes back to me; "Hey, uh...how do you like the CD?" With a natural response; "Great, thanks again for letting me borrow it." Continued to go about my merry way in life and another week goes by to which he returns with the usual inquiry; "So, no rush or anything, but do you think I can get it back sometime in the near future?" My idiotic self went like this; "OH YEAH, no problem. I'll have it to you next week." All was satisfied; "Cool, thanks man." Another week passes and the verbal exchanges started elevating to very tense feuds. Swearing was involved and empty promises of returning the borrowed item. Why didn't I just return the item? I kept forgetting about it through the mix of life science projects and learning how to break dance and by then it was too late. Then finally one horrible day I was playing kickball in the street with some friends when this car pulls up. The car drives up in the middle of our game, I am still trying to remember if they flattened the ball with the car. He brought his older brother (11th grader) with him. They slowly get out and walk up to me. I'd expect this kind of approach from the IRS or the Corleone Family. He looked quite P-I-S-S-E-D. I started with the usual BS of salutations; "Why hello there fellow comrads? I was a little uneasy by the approach. "SO! WHERE IS MY CD!" With inner frustration and torment knowing that I forgot it yet again, I attempted to open my mouth but was cut off; "SAVE IT!" The fact that he was 5' 3" made this even better. He bent down like he was tying his shoe then recovered throwing dirt in my face. Blinded I tried to regain sight and then his older brother held me back while he threw some good punches in my abdomen. His brother then pushed me to the ground. I curled up coughing on my side as I hear this evil kid voice blaring from above; "I WANT IT BACK TODAY! NO LATER THAN 5". I felt awful, this was a pleasant kid of good nature and my procrastination corrupted him. He was with the Dark Side that day. The car drives off. Holy crap, and to think this all came from a Mary J. Blige CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment