Thursday, April 4, 2013

give'em room to pass



After seeing this film I will always have that uneasy feeling about who I pass on the highway, granted we pass hundreds of people a day on the road. . .but still. One things for sure is to never make eye contact with those you share the road with on that way to where ever it is you go. The character made known his existence without taken certain precautions. What a great idea though. The truck is not driven by the driver, but the truck is a living thing. There is no driver. When the protagonist tries to identify who is behind the wheel, he fails. That is the mystery of it all. There is a personality of the truck which mimics how a predator plays with it's food before feeding.
I loved how this was all simple and the very elements of horror were  out to the max. This kind of reminds me of when I would make the long hard commute on the I-476 in Pennsylvania every night after work. The hours would range from midnight to 2 am. No one was out there but me and the trucks. There were some where you could read their moods without knowing anything about them. You could tell if one was courteous, angry, or even humorous. There would be some who would give off mixed signals by honking at random times or putting on their high beams. I was never sure if they were trying to help me or sometimes threatening me. Maybe that was just me psyching myself out. What if though? Something about the trucker in the film was that it would antagonize. It was delivering fuel. Why would it waste it's time picking on that dude? Didn't it have someplace to go before it ran into him? Point being, try not to drive with a mustache while wearing aviators because the fit hit the shan for the main character.

2 comments:

  1. perfection. especially the pic. "made his presence known". i find that is more than half the battle because that is the first step in becoming a target.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that pic mark! You really looked scared, nice job!

    ReplyDelete