Friday, April 5, 2013

no place to doze



Usually I know when I'm tired but I push the envelope thinking I am stronger than I really feel. Don't you hate that? You are sitting in a meeting and they are going over some stats with power point and there is a debate on an issue and meanwhile you are giving it everything you got to try to fight off the z monsters.



For me it starts with the stare. Oh yes, the "dead end" stare. Your eyes start to glaze over and you are seeing things a tad out of focus. If your hand is not supporting your mouth, that will likely hang down.



Then it escalates to your mind not making sense of things like how you wonder if there was a civilization out there where they balance rulers on their chins. Way left field kind of stuff. You have these outrageous ideas of  mathematics or memories thinking back when your car broke down that the cause was not from bad oil but from ten labradors trying to get out from under the hood. Then it passes into a semi-dream where you are oblivious to your surroundings until someone drops a thick book causing you to jolt up in front of everyone to enjoy.



There is also the automatic self-waker-upper, where if you are that tired but your body by reaction makes you twitch awake immediately. I've even fallen asleep while in conversation. . . to a question I asked that person! I was that tired once.



It doesn't stop there, I've fallen asleep while in motion--walking! All in all, sleep is good for the body and mind and required.



 Whether it's 3 hours or 10, we must all pay our dues sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment