Thursday, November 3, 2016

The Great Wall of Static



A man is seen running through the frozen tundra encircled by swirling winds and ice. What would be a normal summer day in other parts of the world is actually a dark hellish blizzard in the great Antarctic. The man pants and chokes on his own breath evading his unwanted followers,

“Audio journal, Day 134: June 20, 2043 – Saturday. Location, just a few kilometers outside of Byrd Camp, one of the last Antarctic bases before getting to the Wall. I have been traveling for over a third of the year trying to find this place. My expedition has not been the most enjoyable seeing that I have faced great tribulations, hunger, thirst, and fatigue. Regardless, I am driven to find the truth about our world. The public would never outright admit this, but they don’t want you to know – what’s really going on here. I have been stabbed at, beat up, shot at, stalked, chased – everything! This journey is on the brink of coming to a close as I have used the last of my rations and precious metals at the boat drop off from Chile…”

He stops at a summit of a couple hundred meters and stands at a small lookout point – enough to see in the near distance a bead of awesome white light stretching infinitely from the east to the west. Beyond the beam of light is a void of darkness, no trailing blizzards, no cloud cover, no stars – nothing. He starts to cheer and jump up with his arms in the air. Immediately searchlights sweep through behind him with motors and engines that can be still heard through the winter storms.

“I have done it! My theory has been true all along. To whom it may concern, I am minutes away from exposing them for who they all are…liars. For those who do not know, I spent my entire life covering up for these ‘Iron Giants’. The ones that would silence the naysayers, the quote on quote RADICALS. They have their agendas that are passed overnight and would rather leave you distracted from learning more about what is really going on. To them and the conditioned society, I am a loon who has lost his mind and am a threat to the public. Lies have been spread about me and for that I have been cut off from any support and have been chased and threatened for attempting such an expedition as this. My name has been tainted by their posts and propaganda, but no matter what, I am driven to video document and link up to the Net the truth for everyone to see. Even if it kills me.”

The man barrels down the summit towards the wall of light as several vehicles trail behind him plowing through the mounds of harsh snow. The light of the wall gets brighter as he is now merely half a kilometer away.

“If this is correct, that would mean that the earth is…”

The man is shot at. He quickly digs a pit to crawl into and hides.

“I will now start the transmission and start recording on several different frequencies. They may try to cut me off, but at least one signal will get through.”

Black aircrafts come in through the blizzard night. One loses control and flies out past the static wall but crashes immediately into what appears to be nothing but something imaginary. Aqua rings ripple from the impact against the voided face above the static wall. The man in his improvised snow cave resumes recording,

“There really is a dome barrier!”  

No comments:

Post a Comment