Thursday, November 24, 2016

Hold on, Time Out for a Second

Hello everyone, fans and friends alike! So for this post I decided I wanted to do something a little different than from the usual shorts that I post. As some of you may know, my ultimate goal someday (in a galaxy far far away) is to become a well-known writer. Not sure how well-known, most likely within the secret confines of the indie world of literature, but well-known.

And because of that goal I created this blog nearly three years ago to create a name for myself. My genre is still undetermined but teetering between young adult fiction to commercial fiction. The intent for all my stories would be to help move people to action. In other words, inspirational.

With that said, I am currently working on a project that I started almost four years ago (still in production). It is a three-piece self-help book illustrated as a fictional story with fictional characters in a unique setting. I have relayed this story countless times to my good friends and family (bless their hearts and tolerance). For that, I have experienced the leaps and bounds that all writers go through when embarking on such projects. True, we all have our own ways on how to write from point A to point B, but this does not exclude the wailing and gnashing of teeth when jumping back and forth with plots and conflicts, deciding the storyboard – staying fresh with the ideas, or scrapping THEN reviving old ideas into the story.

Even just sitting there at the desk with that lonely lamp illuminating the blank word doc, paper, typewriter, or whatever your choice of weapon to write with is while grinding out every possible idea and motivation that remains – I’ve been there and continue to be there. That is the glory of what this craft requires…PERSISTENCE! Staying with it.

My point is, I would like to share from time to time the progress of my work. I won’t necessarily bore you with all the nitty gritty details…or maybe I will? However, I would like to keep you involved with this process and share with you the breakthroughs and disappointments that this all entails.

As for you all, how can I thank you for being so diligent as readers and followers of my work? Without you as online readers, I wouldn't be so driven to keep writing. After all, you are the sole reason I am even doing this, really. Also for these “progress posts”, I would like to open it up for discussion and would love to hear from you on suggestions and ideas that have worked for you in the past as fellow writers. Please feel free to drop a line anytime and share any ideas, comments, or suggestions you may have.

Be sure to check in since I will have more shorts, features and many other cool things coming to you in the not-too-distant future. TTFN (that’s a Tigger reference for saying goodbye :))


   

No comments:

Post a Comment