Thursday, September 8, 2016

Rocko's Killing Machine (Part Ghost Hunting)

Rocko's Killing Machine is:
Max = Drums
Riley = Rhythm Guitar
Charlie = Bass
Tom = Lead Guitar/Vox
Jake = Keyboard/Everything else


“Oh crap! Yeah I see her!” Tom shouts out to us as we are standing in the dark all shoulder to shoulder, looking out at an abandoned barn on the other side of a river. “So I heard that she used to play in that barn as a little girl, but then one day fell in that river and drowned.” Somebody had the genius idea of going ghost hunting in the middle of the night during winter in Washington – it’s freezing out here. The night originally started out at a high school basketball game but then a fight almost broke out with Jake and freakin Jeff Deet. That kid always has issues. Once Jeff sped by a disabled homeless man who was trying to cross the street, all the while throwing out his leftover Taco Bell, never even stopping. The kid has no soul.

“I don’t see her.” I call out mildly.

“Dude! You don’t see her ghost, jumping up and down in that barn over there? Jake! Tell me you see her! C’mon man!” Tom whisper-shouts. Jake gives a quick nod that could be mistaken for him shivering to death. Meanwhile Riley’s friend is audio recording all of this. A loud snap of some branches sends us into a state of hysteria followed by several flashlights slicing through the night air with a couple of high shrieks from yes, sixteen and seventeen-year-old men.

“What the hell was that?” Someone shouts. Finally, one of us gets out a flashlight only to find it was Riley going in for a ‘closer look’. “RILEY YOU IDIOT!” Tom shouts.

“You do know that it’s just your eyes playing tricks on you in the dark, right? All of you want to see a ghost so you’re all ‘seeing ghosts’.” I suggest while some recover from the scare.

“Don’t listen to the naysayer. Max, you are so scared that you refuse to believe what you see in front of you!” One of Riley’s friends yell out to me with such valiance. We start to gather back to the cars. The sounds of the river starts to calm as we move further away. “I want my money back, that was lame.” I say for anyone to hear me. Of course this erupts into scoffing and ridicule. “You were so scared! I saw you shaking!”

“Hey I know where there is a real haunted house.” That would be Kate. I tried to get with her a few times, but she wasn’t interested. “This one’s for real, the guy like, killed himself in the basement. I think I remember how to get there.”

From there we cram into cars and follow her on a country road. It’s currently 11:26 pm on a Friday night. “Dude, you mean to tell me that you didn’t see anything? Really? C’mon, I’m your boy, you can tell me if you saw her ghost and were scared.” Jake says to me as he is driving. “Look, I’m not the one to fall into the psychosomatic B.S. ok? I need scientific evidence, that’s all.” I say as I lean back in my seat. “Hey, easy. I’m back here.” Riley’s friend says as he is going through his audio recording.

“Ok, but let’s say that you had this undeniable experience, where you couldn’t explain it, but you knew! Like you just knew!” Someone else from the backseat suggests.
“Well if I had one, then great. Let me know when that happens.” I conclude as I proceed to try to sleep.

“PULL THE FREAKIN CAR OVER NOW!” Riley’s friend shouts while nearly strangling me as Jake almost swerves off the road. “What? What? What?” Someone yells. “Call up everyone now!”

After a moment everyone stops and gets out of their cars. A huddle is formed around this kid with the tape recorder. “Dude, I’m not even kidding, this better be good, because it is freezing as –”

“Shutup! Shutup! Listen!” He rewinds the tape, plays, then rewinds some more and then lets is play. The recording is Tom narrating what we were doing and giving the backstory of the little girl in the barn that is until his own voice is cutout by a distorted-toned-whisper shouting out “TOMMY”, afterwards Tom’s voice on the tape comes back on as if nothing happened. From there, we are catapulted into another panic of shouting and screaming. "I TOLD YOU MAX! I TOLD YOU!"

No comments:

Post a Comment