Thursday, August 1, 2013

the evil lawn


I was asleep for a month and finally woke up. Outside in the backyard I inspected patch of grass (its not much but it matters to me). I approached it with caution and discovered that it overgrew to a monstrous creation. It started to talk to me. I asked what it wanted. It told me that its sole purpose in life was to take over every living creature and to eventually grow so vast and dense so as to block off sunlight.


 It was at that moment where I let out my battle cry and charged at it with vigor and courage. "OH NO YOU DON'T!" I pull out my mower and commenced my attack. "It's either IT or the world" I thought to myself. As I ran the push mower over it started to laugh at me. In spite of the taunts and intimidation I continued the fight. Blades of grass flew at me, sweat coming down my face. "IT'S NO USE, I'M INVINCIBLE!!" My hands were stained with green-ness. My efforts to slay the lawn started to seem fruitless. I got on my knees with a sense of defeat, and while my head was down, it extended the dreaded invite that no hero ever should hear, with green blood sputtering out it says; ".....join me....". With rage I am brought back into the fight and came out conqueror. Next time, I will just slay it more frequently rather than wait a whole month.  


No comments:

Post a Comment