Thursday, January 12, 2017

1-800-555-BURN

Press ZERO or say REPRESENTATIVE to reach an operator”

“Representative,” The caller says with some authority.

“Please hold for the next available associate. Your call may be monitored or recorded for quality assurance purposes.” The cheap jazz queues in following the automated message.

23 MINUTES LATER

“Good Afternoon and thank you for calling So Cool Entertainment, my name is Jillian representative number 332602. How may I help you today?”

“Yes, hi Jillian, I have been trying to cancel my account for a couple of months now, and I keep getting blown off or transferred with some ridiculous wait time and counter offered with more stuff that I will have to pay for later on. Jillian, I think you are the one to help me out here. Please, I want to cancel this account. I don’t ever remember signing up for this. I just bought one DVD at one of your stores and they tried to sign me up with all kinds of useless stuff. I’m done, help me.”

There is a pause on the other end of the line as Jillian is heard typing at her keyboard.

“Ok, well I apologize for the inconvenience and certainly we can help you out by cancelling your accounts.”

“Wait a minute, accounts? Like there’s more than one?”

“I’m showing you have the VIP Package, Backdoor Pass, MVP bundle, and the Stardom Rewards Card.”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, they never mentioned anything about all of those! How much has that been costing me?”

“I’m showing on your profile that it has accumulated over 2,300 dollars.”

“What?! Are you mad?? I’m not paying that!”

“Ok, well then, let me see what I can do,” She continues to click away on her keyboard through the receiving end of the phone. “I can sign you up for a no interest for the first year line of credit to any of our chain stores in the country.”

“I WANTED TO CANCEL EVERYTHING! What does that have to do with helping me out with this past due amount?”

“I apologize again, sir. I am looking into another program on how we can reduce the interest on that account.”

“I don’t want any more accounts, I just would like to cancel this altogether and not pay that absurd amount, is that possible, please.”

“I apologize, sir. The computer is not letting me remove your account unless the debt has been paid.”

“Look, just put me through to your manager. I need to speak to whoever is in charge, right now.”

“Please hold.” The cheap jazz queues in for a blip and then another voice comes on.

“Hello this is Derek. How can I help you?”

“Yes, hi, are you the manager? I need to cancel all these accounts I apparently have. But I never remembered signing up for and they are saying that I owe over 2,000 dollars in interest and membership fees for these accounts. I never signed up for these.”

“I’m sorry sir, I am not the manager, the call was transferred to me just now. If you would like, I can get the manager for you but she is out right now. I can take down your name and contact information if you would like.”

“…Sure,”

“I’m ready when you are sir.”

“It’s Dave Matthews,”

“Ok”

“Address is 123 Any Street,”

“And is that one word or two?”

“Two. City is I’m Going,”

“Ok, and the state?”

To sue all of you,”

“Oh um, I’m not pulling that state up for some reason, is that in America? Hello? Are you there?”

The disgruntled caller hangs up on him.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment