Wednesday, January 4, 2017

"Can you hoax me now?"

“Ok sir, just take it slow, and run it by me again on what exactly happened.” The police officer asks the cell phone retailer. He sits there looking very disturbed – almost unable to respond at all.
The police officer leans in a little closer, “Sir, I can’t leave here until I get a report firsthand on what happened here. Can you help me out here?”

The store is like a cubby built into the grand avenue of many stores, but out of all the 532 stores, this one was the only one attacked.

“What happened?” The officer now stands back up with a sigh.

“He, he just came in – an older man…” The officer starts to scribble away at the sudden testimony.

“…I believe our other branch serviced him a packaged deal where you could get two phones for the price of one and have twice the data versus our competitors and, and…” The retailer pauses mid-sentence as if trying to work up how to explain the rest. “…go on.” The police officer encourages.

“...and he came into this store – right here, very angry. Now this was only a month into buying the contract and the phones, but he started shouting that he thought our service sucked and that our data was only unlimited because he shouted that it was crap. He then mentioned how he tried to get out of his contract and that the customer service number kept giving him the run around. After that I tried to talk to him but said that there was nothing I could do for him and then he lit up the fireworks.” The retailer pauses for a moment.

The police officer kneels back down, “Go on, I’m listening, then what?”

“He threw them in the middle of the store and ran out.”

“That was it?” The police officer asks.

“Yeah,”

“How much damage is the store claiming with the insurance company?”

“About 60,000.”


The police officer gets up again. “May I see the surveillance videos again?”  

No comments:

Post a Comment