Thursday, December 1, 2016

Fellow Park Goers Via Telus

“Hello?”

“Hey! What are you up to?”

“Oh I’m just sitting here…in the park. Nothing too fancy. Doing some bird watching. So how is it at your new house? Aren’t you in a rough area?”

“You’re people-watching again, aren’t you? Well guess what? So am I, at Stanley Park. What are the odds? The new place is fine. Yes, I might have to actually start locking my doors now, but what are you going to do? Are you at that Jerry park?”

“No, I’m at the Parc la Fontaine again”

“That sounds snobby.”

“Don’t criticize a park name with a little French in it.”

“Did you get my samples yet?”

“Which ones? The spoken-word one or the fast-paced punk sounding one?”

“Well yeah, those too but the…”

“Oh wow, there they are again!”

“What? What’s going on?”

“There’s this family that always comes out here to have a picnic, but they usually always get interrupted whenever their neighbor comes out with his dog who tries to eat their food. And right on queue, here comes the neighbor!”

“Are you serious? Same here! Just kidding.”

“I know you’re kidding, you always do that.”

“Do what? Holy hell, I just saw a zombie takeover at the aquarium!”

“No there isn’t.”

“Sara! If I die, let my songs live on forever!”

“Are you done? What!? The father just grabbed the dog’s hind legs and swung him around and now the owner is shouting at him, uh oh the authorities are now involved.”

“Man, those Montreal-goers can get pretty vicious. Or is it Montrealiens?”

“What are you talking about? No idea, oh I didn’t tell you, The Bank next my apartment had a robbery!”

“No they didn’t,”

“Seriously, I’m not doing this for attention. They held up the entire bank and had to evacuate everyone out onto the streets, they were saying how there was a scary bomb guy in there.”

“Scary bomb guy?”

“Well, those weren’t their exact words, but yeah.”

“Have you learned any French yet?”

“I can basically order the Panini and to say no tomatoes. What? Why are you laughing?”

“Nothing, I just – oh, no time now, the zombies are gathering at the picnic benches and now they’re singing while one of them is manning the grill.”

“Probably brains,”

“Or Ball Parks.”

“Oooh Guac Dogs, that sounds so good right now, with Velveeta.”

“Have you finally unpacked or did Emi break down and do it for you?”


“Hey now, don’t crowd my space with your shenanigans. And yes, I finally unpacked everything in my 500 square foot place, now I just need to figure out where all my books are going.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment